Fancing holiday or camping outdoor roast.
Ingredients (serving 4-6)
-2 spoons olive oil
-1 finely chopped onion
-1 packet streaky bacon (about 200 g )finely chopped
-half a bulb of garlic, not chopped leaving it whole
-1 carrot finely chopped
-1 celery stick finely chopped
-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
-1 medium sized whole chicken
-1 tot of brandy (of your preference)
-1 cup dry white wine
-1 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp pepper
-1/2 a cup of cream
*mashed potato or rice to serve
• Heat the oil in the poto in hot heat, adding the vegetables and bacon, for 5-10 minutes until browned .
• Add the thyme and chicken for another 5-10 minutes, until both sides of the chicken are slightly brown. The vegetables should also be turning brown at the bottom of the pot
• Now add the brandy, and scrape the bott of the pot with a wooden spoon. Those sticky bites at the bottom of the pot create flavour. Letting the brandy boil for a few minutes until it evaporates , then add white wine and pepper. Cover and let simmer, for. Some 90 minutes over low heat(coals and not fire). Turn the chicken breast side up for the last 15minutes.
• Pour in the cream and let simmer. Cook for another 10-15 minutes uncovered, then remove from the fire and let the meal rest before serving.
• Serve with mashed potatoes or white rice, garnishing with fresh parsley and enjoy your outdoor meal.