FNB Acacia

We will not appoint Kgosi - Morupisi

SHARE   |   Wednesday, 26 September 2018   |   By Phillimon Mmeso
Morupisi Morupisi

Government has maintained its stance regarding the refusal to employ former Director General of Directorate of Intelligence and Security (DIS) Isaac Kgosi as Senior Private Secretary to former President Ian Khama.

The Office of the President (OP), through the Attorney General is said to be ready to defend the position adopted, before the courts of law should Khama proceed with the threat to sue Government to force the appointment of an officer of his choice, Kgosi, back into the civil service.

SEE ALSO:

Through his lawyers, Toteng and Company, Khama served government with a statutory notice last month demanding that Kgosi be appointed as his Senior Private Secretary within a reasonable time failing which he will institute review proceedings and seek an order declaring that President Mokgweetsi Masisi’s decision is unreasonable, irrational and unlawful and be set aside.

In an interview with The Patriot on Sunday, Permanent Secretary to the President Carter Morupisi maintained that Government will not change her stance on declining to bring  Kgosi back into the public service.“Yes we maintain our stance that Kgosi cannot be appointed private secretary to the former President Khama,” he said, refusing to discuss  the reasons.

SEE ALSO:

However in the statutory notice, Khama had revealed that Masisi had informed him verbally that he cannot appoint Kgosi because the latter reaches retirement age in December 2018. Highly placed sources close to Khama have revealed that he met his lawyers to review the matter and might go ahead with the lawsuit. Asked if they have received court papers from Khama, Morupisi said; “I cannot comment on that one but rather will refer you to the Attorney General,” he said.

SEE ALSO:

Efforts to get a comment from Khama’s lawyers and his office were futile at the time of going to press.



Related news